Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yellow submarine at Deals Gap


One of them damn sportbikers musta run him off the US129

Went up there this evening, met Myk at the overlook. On the way home, it was already night and just after tabcat running along the lake, there was some dude just standing in the middle of the northbound lane. Didn't move when we came through, just stood right in the middle of our lane. We had to swerve to miss him. It was weird. I didn't see any cars or bikes around, just the dude standing in the road.

That was the ghost of Hogpen Pete. He shows up every year on Mother's Day, waiting for someone to give him a lift. If you would have stopped, he would have ripped the skin right off your skull. Or it may have been some dude.

It was Josh, and there's a reason you didn't see his Bimmer, he desperately needed help. Thanks for stopping, DOUCHES!

It didn't look like distress. It just looked like someone walking down the middle of the road. No waving arms, no movements of 'help', just someone out for a stroll in the middle of the road. It did not look, in any way, like distress... I'm sorry for not stopping but hey, I'm not armed, there was no vehicle anywhere around there, etc. Trip was a good distance ahead of me and I am not sure I have met Battle Cattle to know if it was him or not. I will admit my mind was a bit gone from being out on the bike all day. Maybe I should have stopped, but maybe's don't change that I didn't.

I can understand somewhat, after "helping" a car thief in the process of stealing a car one winter. (unknowingly of course) Josh was pretty much in shock though, which is why he didn't use the universal sign for help.

I didn't even expect a response back already. I was just thinking "I know I was brain dead, I know I was following another rider... but how many times have I looked over the side and been the first to find a wreck? how many times have I heard or read about someone going off the road and not being found?" I can not say why I didn't stop other than just being so brain dead and literally following the red taillight in front of me.

All I can say is that I KNOW better than NOT to stop on that road, especially after dark. I'm usually a lot more cautious if I don't know the person but damnit I know better.

I guess I can say it here as long as it doesn't reach facebook before I call my dad in the am. I ended up getting forced off the road near tabcat while passing a car in my BMW car. Needless to say I ended up going off the road and down into the water. Talk about scary water flooding your car and up over our face in about.... What felt like seconds. I ended up going out my open drivers window swimming to the bank and crawling up to the road to find..... Nothing. No car, no person, nothing, just me on the side of the road soaking wet. I flagged a truck down by yelling something along the lines of help. They stopped and made sure I was ok and I agreed to stay there and they would call 911. After that I was really in shock I kept standing in the road, even after the cops and firetruck showed up they were always telling me to stay out of the road. I am just glad I am ok, a little shaken up about the water but otherwise doing fine...

Forgot to mention you can't swim.


Killboy swimmin wit da fishes


Harley Davidson unveils SuperMaxBoatGlide at Deals Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment